Sunday, August 2, 2009

Does Blood Type Diet work?

I first heard about this kind of diet from a colleague who is a sports enthusiast. So, I got curious and googled it. I found that the term Blood Type Diet has become popular because of the diet book by Dr. Peter D'Adamo and Catherine Whitney - Eat Right for Your Type. The book tells us the individualized diet solution for staying healthy, living longer and achieving one's ideal weight. It is also a persuasive diet book that argues a person's blood type and an evolutionary marker that tells us which foods will process best and which foods will have useless calories that end up as extra pounds. There are lots of people (especially those who are overweight) who claim that this Diet worked for them, and had helped them to take their weight off. I'm not overweight, so I don't need to worry about that. However, I'm Type O, and the Diet indicates that I should eat meat more often. Although, I have not entirely dropped the meat from my actual diet, (I eat chicken and lots of fish), I consider myself more of a fruitarian and vegetarian. One thing I notice though, even if I munch six apples a day and lots of other fruits, I don't get the feeling that I'm full? I also heard that most type Os have acidic stomach lining, and that people with this blood type need to feed their stomach with meat to keep it satisfied. Ouch. If that is right, it figures. So, do you think Blood Type Diet works for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't Find What You're Looking For? Try Google Search...